FULL NAME: Stephen Victor Tallarico|
NICKNAME: The Demon of Screamin'|
BIRTHDAY: March 26, 1948|
PLACE OF BIRTH: New York City (Yonkers)|
INSTRUMENTS: Vocals, Harmonica, Mandolin, Piano, etc|
Strangeurs (Thee Strangeurs)|
The Left Banke
FAMILY: Click for Steven Tyler's Family Tree|
HAIR COLOR: Brown|
EYE COLOR: Brown|
TATTOO: Ma Kin with flames on left arm|
FOOD: chicken pot pie.|
CAR: His red Jeep.|
MOVIE: The Wizard of Oz|
BOOK: 'Above Top Secret'|
WATCHES ON TV: CNN|
|STEVEN TYLER ON MUSIC|
Second best album of 1993: Naughty by Nature "19 Naughty III"
Top albums of 1997:|
Aerosmith - Nine Lives
Johnny Lang - Lie to Me
Mary Me Jane - Tick
Beck - Odelay
Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole
Top albums of 1998:|
Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
Sheryl Crow - The Globe Sessions
Alanis Morissette - Supposed Former Infatuation Junki
The Black Crowes - By Your Side
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Perennial Favorites.
Likes (has seen live):|
Rage Against the Machine,
the Wu Tang Clan
Song he wants played at his funeral: "All Over Now"
Most awesome concert he's ever missed: Hendrix (Woodstock)
Favorite Aerosmith song to drive to: "Eat the Rich" and "F.I.N.E"
Has said "Angel" was beautiful and made him cry, but got overplayed.
Favorite song to play during the Get a Grip Tour: "Cryin'"
Favorite Aerosmith song: "No Surprize"
Various Steven Tyler Facts
- Wanted to be a forest ranger
- Worked in bakery to make some extra bucks.
- He has one sister, Linda, who is a teacher.
- Jimi Hendrix invited Steven to Palisades Amusement Park to ride
on the roller coaster
- His favorite place in the world? "On top of Mount Halliahkala in Maui
watching the sunrise.
- If he couldn't live in Massachusetts, he'd live in Maui
- Favorite venue to play: The Point Theatre - Dublin, Ireland
- Favorite Simpson character: Mr. Burns
- Most prized possession: Raptor Claw Switch Blade Knife
- If he had to describe himself as an animal, it would be an osprey.
- Worst airplane experience: "In 1978 the band and I took our first 747 jumbo
flight and they bet me $80 that I wouldn't dare streak naked into the upstairs
lounge area. Never one to turn down a bet, I did it and almost made it back
before being spotted by one of the stewardessess halfway doen the stairs. Even
though I hated losing the bet, getting caught had its upside..."
- Biggest mistake he ever made: "Signing away 50% of his publishing in the '70s."
- What's always in his refrigerator: "My attitude"
- What he'd be doing if he weren't a musician: "Sleeping with my sunglasses on."
- Weirdest place he's ever been naked: In a lounge in a 747
- Best sight in Boston: His driveway
- Collects the stickers off fruit
- Steven modeled Betsey Johnsons clothes, with Isabella Rossellini
- Steven is part Cherokee Indian, as well as Russian on his mother's side, and Italian on his father's side
- What Steven looks for in a friend... Someone who loves me unconditionatly
- Who Steven looks up to most.. My wife, because I like being down there
- If Steven could look like someone else he would want to look like... Rick Dufay
- If Steven could be reincarnated he would want to be.. An osprey, or an eagle, they're so endangered
- Does Steven belive in Love at First Sight?.. Yes, but only if it's based on one part intuition, two parts animal attraction, three parts lust, and four parts luck
- Steven had his motorcycle accident on January 24th 1981. He crashed into a tree on his way to pick up Mia's babysitter, and split open his heel.
- Steven's first car was a forest green, 1948 Jeep
- Steven has four pets, two birds named Knuckles and Speedy, a rabbit named Rosie, and a fish
- The last thing he does before he goes on stage? "Adjust it!"
- Weirdest Place he's ever had sex? "A confessional"
- Weirdest thing ever found in a meal: Pubic hair
- Favorite flavor: Almond
- Has drummed with Ringo Starr
- Wanted to name Get Your Wings, Bobbing for Piranhas
- Steven Tyler in 1976 sponsered 2 foster children from Asia. He said at that
time the thing he most wanted was to be a biological father. And low and
behold, a mere 10 months later, beautiful Liv was born.
- Likes Star Trek
- Ranks each live performance: FG for Fuckin' Great, LD for Limp
Dick, or MFO for Medi-Fuckin'-Ocre.
- If he were elected President tomorrow, the first law he would pass would be
about: "Education. It should be without boundaries. There shouldn't be haves
and have nots."
- Most important piece of advice he'd offer to anyone entering the music
business: Never give away your publishing.
- Personal possession he couldn't live without: A little guardian angel pin
that he wears when he flies.
- If he could be any historical figure, from any era and any place, he'd be
- Dude who he thinks looks most like a lady: Mike Monroe from Hanoi Rocks
- He admits that the longest, as well as the toughest song to write ever was Janie's Got a Gun.
- What daughter Liv had to say about him:
- Interviewer: Do you have a favorite smell?
- Liv Tyler: Those smells that remind me of home. I can smell my dad from a mile away. I can smell it whenever he's worn my clothes. He has this ambery smell that just melts into him.
- Int: Steven Tyler wears your clothes?
- Liv: I wear his, actually. We wear exactly the same size in jeans.
- On the Just Push Play tour, at the end of the San Jose concert (2002-01-09), Joe Perry mentioned Tyler's weight. '...weighing in at 144 pounds...Steven Tyler'
- When he dies, he wants the following written on his tombstone:
Here lies Steven.
The Deamon of screamin
Who never woke up from the dream he was dreamin
Till one day he took some magic potion
Now all that's left is sweet emotion