News as of February 3, 1998
- 3 Generations of cool rockers
Ringo Starr, Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and rockin' angry babe Alanis
Morissette are doing a trio on a cover of the Dobie Gray hit Drift Away for
Ringo's new album.
"Kind of like three generations of rock," producer Mark Hudson of Hudson
Brothers fame tells Beatlefan magazine....
"You hear Ringo do the first verse, Steven the second and Alanis the third.
It was magical. . . . She showed up, everybody hugged and kissed, lit some
incense, and boom."
- Keep voting
Nine Lives has gone from about 650
votes behind U2's Pop to about 100 .
but thats not enough.. Aerosmith should win... now it's time to make the real push and put Aerosmith in front! Go
vote now and OFTEN so we can put the boys in front for good!!!
Nine Lives---the best Rock Album of 1997.
- A-Z Aerosmith on 94.9 KGGO in central
Matt "Last Child" Keller reports
I have to tell you that I was in Aerosmith heaven yesterday. I was in
the shower around 2:00 in the afternoon, and I turned on the local
classic rock radio station. They were playing Blind Man. I thought,
"Hmm..strange...not really classic rock, and not that big of a hit."
This station would normally stick to the "Walk This Way"s and "Sweet
Emotions". But, I didn't think anything of it. Then, Bolivian
Ragamuffin starts....I was shocked...I had never heard this on the
radio! I thought it must be some sort of contest... Then, as I was
shaving, Bone to Bone came on, followed by Bright Light Fright!
Finally, I heard the promo. They did an A to Z Aerosmith! It took
nearly 12 hours to play EVERY song in the Aerosmith library! They even
played B-sides like Fall Together. It was incredible.
I only heard a
couple of mistakes:
-they played "Combination" when they meant to play "Rats in the Cellar"
(programming error? The girl DJing wouldn't have known the difference
-they played Sharpshooter off of Pandora's Box, surely thinking it was
an Aero tune
-they played "When I Needed You", probably also thinking it was an Aero
-they also played several strange non-songs...like the "Let it Slide"
clip from Pandora's Box that was actually a prepubescent version of
But, they get an A+ for effort! Everybody thank 94.9 KGGO in central
News as of February 2, 1998
- "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" on VH-1
VH-1 Will Be
Broadcasting The 1978 Movie "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club
Band"...Which Of Course Stars Aerosmith As The "Future Villain Band"
Preforming "Come Together"
...The Broadcast WILL Occur On Friday,
February 6, 1998 @ A Time That I Do Not Know For Sure Yet....
There is also a "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club
Band" Web Site!!!...You Can Find It Here:
- Go vote for Aerosmith
Here's two places you can (And should) go and vote for Aerosmith...
News as of January 31, 1998
- Festivals in Europe
Aerosmith will be playing festivals in Europe this summer, as
well as some US dates.
- R&R (RADIO &
RECORDS) ACTIVE ROCK TRACKS
Its too bad that Aerosmith is losing one number.
|This week||Last week||Title/Artist|
|1||1||Given to Fly. Pearl Jam|
Own Prison. Creed|
3||3||Wash It Away. Black Lab|
Unforgiven II. Metallica|
5||4||Taste of India. Aerosmith|
and Candy. Marcy
| 7||6||Time of Your Life. Green Day|
8||12|| Shelf in the
Room. Days of the New |
|9||11||The Oaf. Big Wreck|
Peel, and Stand.|
But atleast its a good group that is taking there place in Metallica
MTV TOP MUSIC VIDEOS
Yes!! Aerosmith is moving towards the top
This week ||Last week || Title/Artist|
|1||1||3am. Matchbox 20|
2||4||Been Around the World. Puff Daddy & the Family|
Featuring Notorious B.I.G. & Mase
3||7||As Long as You Love Me. Backstreet Boys|
4||3||The Memory Remains. Metallica |
5||6||Together Again. Janet Jackson|
|10||Time of Your Life (Good Riddance).Green Day|
7||12||Gettin' Jiggy Wit It. Will Smith |
9||11||Pink. Aerosmith |
10||5||It's All About the Benjamins (Rock Remix)|
.Puff Daddy & the Family
News as of January 30, 1998
Nine Lives, 65 and still moving in the right direction.
- Top 100 videos of 1997 (Latin mtv)
51. Hole in my soul
6. Fallin in love (is hard on the knees)
- Rock Stars To Pick Songs on Radio
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) - Joe Perry and Steven Tyler of Aerosmith will turn
the tables on a pair of radio disc jockeys.
The rockers are scheduled to trade places with announcers for WLAV-FM, picking
songs and talking with about 150 audience members at a club, the station said
There's a bonus for listeners next Tuesday: Perry and Tyler will give away two
pairs of tickets for their Feb. 4 concert at VanAndel Arena. Aerosmith's hits
include ``Walk This Way,'' ``Sweet Emotion'' and ``Back in the Saddle.''
- MissJen18 reports (on a Joe Perry interview)
I'm reminded why I love 101.1 WRIF
(Detroit) so much,
Joe Perry is being interviewed on the radio!
He's talking about how back in the day, they messed up so many hotel rooms
that he himself should own his own hotel:) LOL and how they'd make sure that
all the things they broke HAD to fit through the TV screen (LOL!)...
Ohh this is so fascinating! :listening: SET LISTS!!!!!!! They changed
the set around too?? *GASP* Toys.. Seasons... OHHH:) They keep copies of
the songs that they play in each city, and when they come back through that
city, they change it to fit what the audience wants to hear, what has been
ANGEL!!! He's talking about angel!! He's mentioning how they
played it a few nights ago.... but he doesnt think it's gonna stay on the set
list. Aw:( Oh what's this! He's saying why he doesnt like it... He doesnt
like to play it because "It's SO 1986.. I mean.... I can see us playing crazy
for the next, like, 20 years and it won't sound dated or anything, you know?"
Hmm... its sounding like this might not be in the set list for the 2/10 show..
damn!! Oh my god:) :) AHH This is soo neat though!! I dont care if they
play it or not (Though it would be nice)... This band is the BEST!!
Ohh he's off the air now! They're talking about how nice (and CLEAN they<
added) he was! They're just complimenting him and everything!! Ohh how
wonderful!! Yay! :) I just wanna give all the people on WRIF a HUGE hug
News as of January 28, 1998
- Sweet Taste of Monica
On 93 Rock in Sacramento the morning DJ's are playing a song about the latest
Bill Clinton scandal that goes to the tune of Sweet Taste of India. It was a
pretty decent song and pretty funny!
- Steven Tyler & Mick Jagger looks the same ...
This week's People magazine features a nice shot of Steven and Mick Jagger (Well, it's a nice shot of Steven, I've seen better of Mick....). For those of you who don't have access to People, here it is.....
Photo by Kevin Mazur, People Magazine
The picture caption reads: "Putting to rest a rock rumor - that Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler never appear together because they actually share one pair of lips - the two posed after a Rolling Stones show in Manhattan."
News as of January 25, 1998
- There is a promotional cd single out there of Taste of India that went
to radio stations or something. it has a few remixs
of India on it but nothing new.
News as of January 24, 1998
- Taste of India is now #3 on rock radio charts.
- Taste Of India will be released on feb 3rd in the US with 2 remixes of
- The rerelease of Nine
Lives from Japan comes with a bonus Five
that was first available with the Box Of Fire.
The release date is February 16th. The price is 39.99
For more information, you can go to
and go to the Upcoming Release Section.
- Soundscan Album Charts (the same as billboard)
two weeks ago|
|weeks on chart|
News as of January 23, 1998
- Nine Lives keeps climbing on Billboard, up 5 to 69.
Top 10 North American Concert Grosses
this is from the yahoo billboard charts
1. Backstreet Boys. $1,496,897. Montreal. Dec. 30-Jan. 1, 5-6.
2. Amy Grant, Vince Gill, Faith Hill. $1,484,695. Nashville. Dec. 3-4.
3. Aerosmith. $1,101,860. Boston. Dec. 30-31.
4. Barry Manilow. $1,024,596. Universal City, Calif. Dec. 26-28, 31.
5. Jackie Chan. $887,901. Las Vegas. Dec. 25.
6. The Artist, Larry Graham. $721,003. Atlanta. Jan. 8-10.
7. Alejandro Fernandez. $557,903. Universal City, Calif. Dec. 12-13.
8. Barenaked Ladies, Devlins. $445,325. Auburn Hills, Mich. Dec. 31.
9. Aerosmith. $321,295. Pittsburgh. Jan. 9.
10. Tim McGraw, Martina McBride. $265,356. Nashville. Dec. 31.
News as of January 22, 1998
- PINK is beginning to be a little popular here in Sweden.
it's getting some playing on the radio and it was number 3 on a music video tv show called "voxpop" and the guy that presents the videos said that it was his favourite
You probably didn't care about this but i thought it was pretty cool since "FIL" & "HIMS" almost didn't get any attention when they were released
incase you want to know who they were after, it was the great band "rage against the machine" and the worst band "back street boy" or as i say "back SHIT boys"
- Listen to "Love in an elevator" (live) in real audio
Aerosmith did a session for Dutch
TV late last year.
jan.30 1998 they'll show
"Love in an Elevator" from that session.
The song is
also audible realaudio at:
- Aerosmith on Party Of Five
Anybody who watches the TV show Party Of Five
saw Griffin and his buddy trying to ditch their wife/girlfriends by
going into a strip club, and when the girls noticed Griffin's motorcycle
outside of the strip place, they went inside to find them and when the
girls walked into the place, the Permanent Vacaton hit "Rag Doll" was
blasting out from all corners of the place!
News as of January 21, 1998
- According to CDNow, the Pink single is scheduled to be released on Feb. 10,
and will have Taste of India as the B-Side.
- Pink is continuing its slow and steady rise on the Top 20 Countdown on MTV. It is now at 11. It has been on the list for quite awhile now.
News as of January 18, 1998
- anBoston music awards
Aerosmith won for Outstanding Rock Band
and Steven won for Outstanding Male Vocalist.
Mighty Mighty Bosstones won for outstanding album,
and Paula Cole won a bunch of other stuff
News as of January 15, 1998
- Nine Lives jumps back 9 to 74 on Billboard.
which i think is the highest
position it has had since I think early Sept 97.
- It will be a strong bias on the Geffen material with a few of the old
Columbia classics on the New Live Album.
- Mainstream Rock Tracks
1. Given To Fly, '' Pearl Jam. Epic.
2. Touch, Peel And Stand, '' Days Of The New. Outpost.
3. My Own Prison, '' Creed. Wind-Up.
4. 3 AM, '' Matchbox 20. Lava.
5. Back On Earth, '' Ozzy Osbourne. Epic.
6. Taste Of India, '' Aerosmith. Columbia.
7. Wash It Away, '' Black Lab. DGC.
8. The Memory Remains, '' Metallica. Elektra.
9. The Girl I Love, '' Led Zeppelin. Atlantic.
10. Everlong, '' Foo Fighters. Roswell.
Compiled from a national sample of airplay.
To me it seems like the best groups are the ones that are below Aerosmith
(then i think of Metallica, Led Zeppelin,the Foo fighters and Ozzy)
- Aerosmith Stars in Get Shorty Sequel
Hot off the bestseller lists with its memoir, Walk This Way,
Aerosmith is about to appear in another book—this time a novel.
Boston bad boys will be the main rock band featured in Be Cool, the
sequel to Get Shorty, by author Elmore Leonard, who's currently
riding high thanks to Jackie Brown, Quentin Tarantino's adaptation of
his book Rum Punch.
In Be Cool, Chili Palmer—the gangster who made it big as a film
producer in Get Shorty and was portrayed in the film by John
Travolta—enters the world of rock and roll.
Leonard has been
attending concerts and interviewing rock luminaries as they passed
through the Detroit area, where the author lives. He met Aerosmith
during a tour stop there last fall; the group members visited his
suburban Detroit home, and Leonard even played some tennis with
bassist Tom Hamilton.
There's no firm publication date for Be Cool
yet, but it's expected the novel will be turned into a film, and that
Aerosmith will provide at least one song for the soundtrack.
News as of January 9, 1998
- Nine lives is Currently spending 2nd week at 83 at billboard (from 79 2 weeks back).
News as of January 6, 1998
News as of January 4, 1998
- I dont know if this is news but...
all the Joe Perry project and the Whitford/st. holmes albums
has been/are going to ( i don't know) be remastered and released on cd
News as of December 31, 1997
- Its Tom Hamilton's birthday today
(If you listen to the beginning of walk this way on Classics live 2
you can sing happy birthday for him along with
Steven and the whole boston audience) high
- Nothing has been confirmed but there are rumors
of that the name of the live album will be
"Big Ones Live", "Live! From The Edge", or "Contract
News as of December 27, 1997
- NEW ALBUM!!
Geffen Records will release a Live album sometime In May 1998.
The Album Will Include Two New Studio
One Of Them Being "Bacon Biscuit Blues"
and the other may be What Kind Of Love Are You One?"...
Song That Was Left Off Of "Nine Lives".....
But Was Already Recorded For
Rumors said that Joey Kramer Wrote That One
And It Is A "Rocker".
Don't Know If It Will Be A Double Or Single Album
But, There Have Been Rumors Of Both
There Have Been Rumors
That The Title Will Be "Classics Live 3"
Or "Live! Bootleg 2" But, Again Columbia Owns The Rights To
So it will probably be something else
- Aerosmith continued it's climb on the charts...
up 4 places to #79 after 40
weeks on Billboard
- The Associated Press has reported the top concert draws of 1997:
The top acts on the concert circuit in 1997,
with their estimated total gross in concert tickets, according to the industry trade publication Pollstar.
- Rolling Stones - $89.3 million.
U2 - $79.1 million.
Fleetwood Mac - $36.3 million.
Metallica - $34.1 million.
Brooks & Dunn/Reba McEntire - $33.5 million.
Garth Brooks - $25 million.
Tina Turner - $24.8 million.
The Artist - $24.6 million. high
Jimmy Buffett - $24.4 million.
Aerosmith - $22.3 million.
Phish - $21.3 million.
Phil Collins - $17.6 million.
Alan Jackson - $16.6 million.
ZZ Top - $16.5 million.
Bush - $16.5 million.
Lilith Fair - $16.4 million.
Barry Manilow - $16.1 million.
Kenny G/Toni Braxton - $15.8 million.
Puff Daddy - $14.7 million.
Vince Gill - $14.2 million
News as of December 1, 1997
Concert News: Lauren reports: In Tampa the boys DID NOT open with 9 Lives. . . They opened with TRAIN KEPT A ROLLING!!! It was INCREDIBLE!!
- AeroDude11@aol.com tells us that the bad boys are rocking at Z-100's JINGLE BALL 97. (Z-100, is a radio station in New York.) It's December 9th......and they are the headliners!!! Be on the look out...Z100 is always giving away free tickets.
- The Boston Herald: November 23, 1997
Aero flight hits minor turbulence
Talk about a turbulent flight! Aerosmith main man Steven Tyler and the band's deposed manager, Tim Collins, found themselves on the same American Airlines jet from Los Angeles to Boston the other day.
But even though the two split ugly - with Tyler accusing Collins of being a sobriety Nazi and Collins accusing Tyler of slipping back into his old druggie ways - our spies report that no blows were exchanged.
"They shook hands and everything," said Someone Who Was There.
Collins hasn't spoken to Tyler in more than a year, not since the day he was called to the Four Seasons and summarily dismissed after 12 years of service.
But the ex-manager, who's now riding rubyhorse, said the encounter was not unpleasant and it was "bound to happen" sooner or later.
"It was great to see him," Collins said. "Although our conversation was incredibly short. I still think he's the greatest frontman who ever lived."
- Do you want to buy Aerosmith Nine Lives catfood? Rock Solid International will sell it to you: the price is $20 + $5 postage. You can pay by credit card (we accept all 4 major cards), money order(any type 7-11, postal, bank etc etc) or by check. But a check takes---3 weeks to clear our business account, it is company policy. Whether the check clears your bank or not, it still has to clear our bank first. So for fast delivery, credit card or money order is the quickest way to go if you our in a hurry. To order by credit card you can telephone Mon-Fri 10am-7pm EST, Sat 11am-6pm EST 410-529-3753. Or you can fax your details on a secure dedicated line at 410-529-7972. Also after the hours listed on the telephone you can leave credit card details 24 hours on the answering machine. We get faxes and orders from all over the world and have been in mail order business since 1985.
For more information, contact:
ROCK SOLID INTERNATIONAL
- Here's a story from Anne-Lise:
Over the weekend, I saw a TV documentary called "Rock Stars' Wives". I thought I'd give it a go to see if they mentioned any of Aerosmith. Bebe Buell came on and started talking about her time with Tod Rungren and how eventually she started an affair with her daughter's father, Steven Tyler! She talked about how she had made a conscious decision to be with Steven, but couldn't go through with it, because there was too much cocaine all the time, and as she was expecting Liv, she couldn't stay in that environment. It was just really interesting to hear it in her own words. I've never seen her talk before and she seems very down to earth with a good sense of humour. Another thing that interested me, was seeing how big she was compared with Steven. She towered over him and was a much bigger build (as in body frame) than him...